Followers

Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Art Journaling with Dina Wakley Media (for beginners)

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here,

Have you checked Dina Wakley Journal and Art Mediums at The Craft Shop?
They are beautiful... 
 I've two journal pages to share with you today...
they are easy to make... even though you have just started art journaling!



I worked in Dina Wakley journal here. This unique art journal has four kinds of surface-
 Watercolor paper
Burlap
Kraft Paper
Canvas
So everytime... you have choice on which surface you would like to work on! 



here is the procedure ...how I created this page.
I chose watercolor page. I added lots of water in Dina Wakley acrylic paints - Magenta, Lemon, Cheddar and blackberry and used them as watercolors. Applied randomly on the page.
These colors are highly pigmented, I have used very small drop of each color.
I dried the surface with heat tool.
For more texture and interest...I used Ranger stencil and texture paste.
On another watercolor tag, I applied Cheddar paint, on that stenciled design using Magenta paint.
I stamped text for another layer 
and finally stamped that lady's face and sentiment on it with Ranger black archival ink.




here, I've used Burlap page as a background from Dina Wakley journal.
I created 2 Art Cards.
To start with I adhered old dictionary pages to the cards. Applied Dina Wakley Gesso to whole surface. Next, I used acrylic paints to bring some colors on cards and lastly I stamped Birds.




Products used here:
Dina Wakley Media Journal
Dina Wakley Paints- Black berry, Cheddar, Maenta, Lemon
Dian Wakley White gesso
Ranger Texture paste
Ranger Black archival ink


Thanks so much for stopping by.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I shall get back to you!