Followers

Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Polymer Clay - Mokume Gane Technique

Hello crafty friends,

Today I'm here at The Craft Shop Blog sharing a very fun technique using polymer clay called the Mokume Gane Technique.

What's Mokume Gane ?


Mokume Gane is a Japanese art, a method of manipulating metal to achieve a woodgrain pattern.. Lots of polymer clay artist has borrowed from this art form to create magnificent patterns.. In Mokume Gane technique you do not have to follow any rules, its more of a free technique where you can go with the flow..








In this you create the stripe pattern and then manipulate that pattern using tools to get that fun Mokume Gane pattern. When creating your stack, you always wanna start with atleast 3 different colors - dark, light and a metallic color (I use metallic color to add shine to my pattern)
Today I have used 5 different colors - Orange, Yellow, teal in pearl finish, Silver and Twinkle Twinkle.. 








I created this hollow bead using the mokume gane pattern I made. 
And with the same pattern I made this blue necklace below..

















 So you can see, you can create completely different jewelry using the same mokume gane patterns.
And the below neck piece have been created using this Stripe Pattern













Watch the tutorial below or to watch the video at HD on YouTube click HERE







Materails used - 
































Thank you for visiting..
Have a nice day..

2 comments:

Please leave a comment. I shall get back to you!