I am back today with my review of Dylusion Paints which are designed by
Dyan Reaveley and released by Ranger earlier this year.
Priya's shop- The Craft Shop stock these bright, cheerful and yummy acrylic colors.
Dylusion paints come in these pots with 12 colors.
These colors co ordinate with Dylusions Ink sprays.
Some of the important features:
- These are Semi-opaque
- fluid in nature- not too thick and not too thin
- Easily bendable
- Dries quickly
- After drying they are waterproof
- a wide opening of color pot is perfect for art tools, brushes and fingers.
- Creates flat layer of paint for further stamping on it
- Can be used on Card stock, Paper, Canvas and many other surfaces
- Unlike other acrylic painted pages, they won't stick together
- Can be cleaned easily with soap and warm water
- Great for Gelli Printing/ Mono Printing
- Easy to use with Brayers
- accepts all types of writing inks without clogging up the tip
- Perfect for layering technique.
I've created journal page with Dylusion paints.
I love these paints. These are amazing if you frequently art journal or like to doodle, write or draw over painted backgrounds.
Great for card makers for quick backgrounds.
Can be used with stencils easily.
These paints are semi opaque so I created multiple layers with Dylusion paints - base layer with 2-3 stencils layers , still you can see all layers underneath , that is very interesting.
And surface remain flat.
For stenciling with Dylusion paints, its better to use Tim's ink blending tool and foam. I do not have small round one, so used regular sponge which caused seepage of extra paint under stencil. So that precaution you need to take.
Another one is...Do not keep open these paint jars for long time..they may dry quickly, especially in our hot weather country.
Usually in mixed media, becoz of lots of texture, it is difficult to stamp on it. But I love the mushroom stamp impression I got here, its crisp and clear on texture work.
I wrote with Black PIIT pen - Dream, my pen did not clog with paint, which is great thing for art journal and mixed media.
at Ranger You Tube channel you will find more Tips and Techniques by Dyan Reaveley.
here is the link:
Over all I am very happy with Dylusion Paints and you can find more projects with them at my
personal blog - Neon Diary
Thanks so much for stopping by.